The last but one. It’s a curious thing to be sat here pondering a final note to you, my loyal readers. I’ve just been a walk along the beach in the heat of the midday sun. You know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen.
I spent a good deal of the walk reflecting on this project, on the body of work as a whole and about how to continue.
Without actually reviewing the themes I’ve written about (I’m that much of a slacker) I know off the top of my head that the main ones are:
- My inconsistency as a writer; the failure to post daily has been perhaps a common thread I’ve riffed, I guess this taps into my Catholic guilt in some perverse way.
- The coronavirus narrative and my lack of trust in the government and the story.
- Discipline and creativity and my lack thereof.
- Breathwork – my new favourite practice
- Full moon and its curious effect on my creativity
Things I’ve blogged about way less than I expected:
- Mindfulness. As the Mindful Blogger I figured I’d share deep and meaningful insights from my practice, and tools and tips on the various techniques. I’ve done this precious little.
- Meditation. I’ve written little about the technique save to say that it transformed my life and that I have sat way less this year than I was previously. Having a partner somehow dilutes my discipline. My attitude remains the same: if you’re going to meditate start with a course in Vipassana.
- My relationship. It’s been a massive year for relating and despite Charlie’s insistence and support I’ve had resistance to sharing our relationship in the public domain.
One more post to go. Here’s to completion.